Solid training on basic supervisory skills is key to being successful in your new role. This workshop gives you the knowledge and tools to get off to a great start and become a standout supervisor.
- Go from buddy to boss by setting appropriate boundaries.
- Understand why building trust with your new team is critical and learn how to do it well.
- Know when to delegate and how to do it effectively.
- Gain the skills to provide meaningful positive feedback.
- Know how to counsel a team member who is not meeting expectations.
- Recognize the signs of stress or burnout in your staff so you can get ahead of potential problems.
- Practice how to defuse conflicts and hostile situations.
- Learn proven techniques for training others.
- Develop a process for effective performance documentation.
8:15 a.m. Registration and Continental Breakfast
8:45 a.m. Workshop
4:30 p.m. Adjourn
This schedule includes lunch and breaks.
Dr. Barry L. Lane is an educator, author and conference speaker on leadership and human relations with extensive experience in higher education and healthcare management. He holds an M.A. in Communications and HR Certification, a doctoral degree (DSL) in strategic leadership and is a former Vice President within Minnesota State, the fourth largest system of state colleges and universities in the nation.